Thursday, August 24, 2006

My former XO... blocked

Ugh. I saw the story on FOX news and just felt so bad for Cmdr Lippold. He was my XO on the USS Shiloh, a guided missle cruiser from 1994 to 1996. I was a low ranking HM3, but remember him very fondly. He was hard working, fair, and a helluva shipmate...for an officer. Just a little enlisted jab there. Anyhow, I wish this wasn't so public, I don't know what the purpose of this being so public is. Some decisions the brass are making these days are troublesome. The Pendleton 8 for example. What the hell? The citizenry is going to rise up and help allow our military to do their job.
Far too much political cowardice run amok, (yes that is the new definition of PC that Michael Savage coined two day ago) to allow the military to do their thing. All this fucking handwringing. Enough already. The people are getting restless...I'm hearing it everywhere, and it is comforting.

So I'm going to try and send my support to Captain Kirk Lippold as soon as I find his contact info. Things will get better

RGJ.com: USS Cole skipper Kirk Lippold taken off promotion list-Navy secretary blocks advancement for '77 Carson High graduate: "Nearly six years after the deadly terrorist attack on the USS Cole, the Navy has decided the ship's captain, a 1977 graduate of Carson High School, is not qualified for a promotion that had been blocked since 2002.

Cmdr. Kirk S. Lippold was skipper of the 505-foot missile destroyer that was refueling Oct. 12 when a boat his crew thought was a garbage tug pulled alongside in Aden, Yemen. Al Qaeda bombers aboard the boat detonated explosives that ripped a hole 40 feet high by 40 feet wide in the Cole, killing 17 U.S. sailors, wounding 39 others and damaging it so severely it almost sank."

No comments: