Thursday, December 06, 2007

Yes, England is dead

Morrissey smells the coffee

I love Morrissey's music, and pretty much love the man too. When you look up enigmatic in the dictionary, they have a picture of Morrissey. As a conservative, his left wing fancies were very irksome, but his music was so good that I had to give him a pass. Not that he's changed his ideology in any substantive way, but he has made comments that would indicate he's seen the ill effects of out of control immigration policy that has turned England into a mish mash of cultures that is not at all cohesive and all but lost Britishness. It's really unfortunate, because this is not something that can be reversed. The England that you knew is gone. I almost thing I haven't been able to wrap my brain around that yet. Like a death in the family that doesn't hit you until a few days later. It's only going to get worse, not better.

So let me take you back to a time when England was still England in all it's bloody Englishness, and when the Smiths were in all their glory. The little version of This Charming Man is so great.

No comments: